- Suresh Nanda ventured into the hotel industry in 2003, brimming with the passion to make a name in the hospitality sector.
- He began his career trajectory with arranging the acquisition of the Claridges Group of Hotels.
- In spite of not having any hotel expertise, he worked relentlessly to turn around the rundown hotel to achieve industry respect and recognition as the best known colonial hotel in the Capital, unsurpassed and unmatched in one of the best locations in Delhi.
- Mr. Nanda refurbished and further strengthened the hotel’s former glory and was jokingly recognized as a “born hotelier”.
- He developed the hotel beyond recognition while retaining its heritage culture.
- Suresh Nanda brought a mélange of luxury and old world charm with modern comforts to the customers making the hotel stand out as one of the top choice hotels in the India’s capital city.
- Suresh Nanda became one of the first private sector hoteliers from India to go international and build a 296 room luxury hotel located in Business Bay, Dubai and gave an impressive addition to the Dubai skyline in the form of the “Taj Dubai”.
Suresh Nanda, Chairman of The Claridges Group of Hotels talks about his social initiatives
November 13, 2019 11:48 am