- From CEO of Shah Brothers Ispat to Vice-President of SUFI, Sanjiv Mehta has been instrumental in bolstering Indian steel sector.
- He joined Shah Brothers Ispat 36 years ago and led the company from a revenue of Rs. 50 Crores p.a. to Rs. 1200 Crores.
- Due to his leadership and marketing skills at Shah Brothers Ispat, the company currently holds about 40% market share for Boiler Quality Plates distribution in India.
- Additionally, to enhance per capita steel consumption in India, Sanjiv Mehta with his peers established Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI).
- A common platform currently caters to national interests of steel distributors, manufacturers and consumers alike.
- Besides being a steel marvel, Sanjiv Mehta has also played an active role in social services.
- He has been the past president of Rotary Club of Mumbai, where his efforts led to the creation of largest centralized kitchen— serving Mid-day meals to school children.
- He is also a part of the working advisory committee of the Annamrita Board.
- With such vast roles and activities, Sanjiv Mehta is one aspirational personality.
Sanjiv Mehta, CEO of Shah Brothers Ispat, Vice President of SUFI and his journey in Indian Steel industry
October 15, 2019 5:31 am